A recent survey of college career counselors conducted by OneWire.com shows current trends at career centers. Some key findings:
- 67% of college career counselors expect the job market to turn around sometime in 2010, while 33% think an improvement will take longer.
- 69% of counselors said that campus recruiting has decreased.
- 91% of respondents have seen an increase in alumni seeking career help.
- 61% said that their students were confident they’d find a job by graduation.
- networking, planning ahead, and using social networks are the top recommendations counselors are giving students.
Thanks to Brian Baumley for passing along the survey information.